Sunday, June 22, 2008

Not Kosher



My apologies to all our vegetarian friends. If it's any consolation, I didn't eat any of this pig, not because I don't like that sort of thing - it's more for health reasons. I'm under the care of a Chinese doctor who's got me watching what I eat. But as soon as I feel better, its gonna be a free for all. In fact, I'm helpless around Bar-B-Q, and on my last trip to Memphis with my then girlfriend I ate so much pork, I actually made myself sick. Maybe it has to do with being Jewish, but I don't think so. Most Jews love pork. We were visiting her family, and I was sampling every rib-joint in the city. I like this picture. I told Lincoln I thought it looked like a flower. His response was "What? A meat flower?"

Download:



"Cincinnati Dancing Pig" mp3
by Red Foley, 1950.
available on Chattanoogie Shoe Shine Boy

"I Crave My Pigmeat" mp3
by Blind Boy Fuller, 1939.
available on Truckin' My Blues Away

"Gimme A Pigfoot" mp3
by Bessie Smith, 1936.
available on Stars of the Apollo

"Pigmeat" mp3
by Ry Cooder, 1970.
available on Ry Cooder

top photograph: Ted Barron © 2008.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speakin' o' PIG:

http://thatsoundsgood.net/images/PorkLoinJun08.jpg

I'll make another when you get back and you're feeling better.

Cheers,

JSG

Ted Barron said...

that sounds good/that looks good

Josh Hanson said...

No Philipino Boxspring Hog?